Author Topic: i've bought one ! ! !  (Read 28097 times)

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
    • http://forum.dawncraftowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=957
Re: i've bought one ! ! !
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »
I guess you mean these!!!

If that worked I'm a clever clogs if not ????????

Roger
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 07:16:11 PM by Roger »

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »
Phew!! It worked!

Looks a nice boat Tom!, I covet your engine  :'(

Looks like the same old problem with yours Stewart, although Beer Goggles had the same fit up as your and never had a problem and still doesn't ( it is permanantly moored up).

Roger

bugsbreeze

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 11:06:54 PM »
Hi , Tom your boat is really nice, we're finkin of movin our S/Wheel to one side, we looked at one called Nik Nak like that (is nik nak out there ?) Hope 0822 turns out as good !
Roger , how you going to start this list of CaraCruisers, we'll have decide on a name soon? for ours (0822) !

gongoozler

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »
By george I think I've got it. Thanks Roger This pic belongs with those below but wouldn't fit. 8 pages in all.
Tom
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:35:41 PM by gongoozler »
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!"

gongoozler

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 01:49:02 PM »
trying to post CaraCruiser booklet

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:32:14 PM by gongoozler »
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!"

gongoozler

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 02:38:08 PM »
Are the above pictures satisfactory to all?-I thought they'd be better than photocopies.
Tom

bugsbreeze

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
Tom, the leaflet is magic ! real 70's style, looks like someone could water ski behind the one on the broads , i can't get in to print full pictures , sorry to be a pain but it would appriciated if you could get copied for me ,? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?cheers? Stewart

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 08:53:45 PM »
Thanks a lot Tom.

The first pic was taken, as you would expect at Brundall with the fishing shop/chandlers in the background.

Still one more thing to find out which is when did they cease trading, then we can have a better idea when insurance companies ask for a year of manufacture. 1978- ?

Mine is different in not having the moulded interiour but having the roof extend out to the stern and a centre steering wheel.

Beer Goggles had no rear roof, the steering outside but a moulded interiour.

Roger

bugsbreeze

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »
The picture in the leaflet with the Caracruiser on the Broads has got L32 on it , Mine 0822 has L32 on it too , does this mean anything ? and we can see its had a name 'Siandor' on it in the past

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 12:18:16 AM »
Hi Stewart

L32 is its Broads Registration Number, they stay with the boat forever, so I would be pretty sure that the one in the booklet is yours.

Fame at last? ;D

Roger
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 02:57:10 AM by Roger »

bugsbreeze

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 07:30:43 PM »
 Hi? Roger , Tom's leaflet is brilliant init ,
ours has a couple of differance's ,? 1) it only has the wooden rub rail ( is that wot you call it ?) like the one on the trailer behind the Roller !? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??2) at the back off the roof there's like a bit missing to drain the roofs gutter , Tom's? has got? it too like the one in the leaflet , mine does'nt so it leaves a big puddle up there then runs onto the rear lockers and striaght insde , Tom you said about rainwater getting in , I found this while scrubbing my roof wiv bleach ,? another mod i've gotta do !

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 11:25:25 PM »
Its just dawned on me that Boat yards have "trade" plates that could be the case here or, if not, they may well have just swapped it over every time they sold a boat

Roger

P.S. They are called rubbing strakes.

gongoozler

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 01:59:26 PM »
Stewart,
   I will try and get the leaflet photocopied for you. The only place to get it done locally is at the local library and that's only black and white. I'll ask around and see if I can find a colour copier but you'll have to hang on a bit I'm not able to do it just yet.

Tom

bugsbreeze

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »
Hi Tom ,
 you said about them letting in rain water , ours was soaked inside today , it hasn't got that little groove to allow the roof to drain , Did your other have this ? does it help , mines got a rear canopy but it has shrunk a bit & the water runs off that into the rear lockers & under the loo floor & its into the cabin , lucky i've got my floor out to see what happens , i think i'll be able to stop it getting under the loo floor ok ! but not on the rear decks always
Hi Roger ,
 what did you think me doing away with the Male/Female locating Pin & just strapping the boat to the chassis ? , cos i can see thats where the bottom has cracked now i've cut most of the previuos repair away ? ??
 ? I'll have to take some pics , now we've got the hang of it

gongoozler

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »
Stewart,
? ? Every CaraCruiser I've hade has had the little groove to allow the roof to drain. However they have all got rainwater in the bilge if the rain has been heavy. I don't know how it gets in because the lockers are water-tight-I've filled them up with water to try them. I can only guess it gets through screw holes where the cleats fasten on and places like that. I now only get a little in and I can bail it out with a car sponge in a few minutes.It only happens when the rain is particularly heavy and the angle the boat is standing at makes a big difference. For best results the boat wants to tilt backwards just enough to let the water run of. If the angle is too steep the water runs of too fast and some enevitably spills over into the back of the boat.

? ?I would advise against removing the male/femal pin and socket, I think it's a very good system and when the pin is located in the socket you know the boat is exactly in the right place on the trailer and can't move about at all if you have one of them ajustable fasteners with a left and right hand thread to hold the boat forward. I can't remember what they're called but I'm sure you know what I mean.

? ?One of the boats I had had the cavity between hull and floor filled with expanding foam and I thought it a good idea so I've done my present boat the same. I've also tried to seperate the bilge from the rest of boat to try and stop any water going under the floor. I got more resin on me than on the fibre glass but managed to get it done.

? ?I hope the above helps but please remember I'ts only my opinion and I don't profess to be an authority. I'm more used to asking for advise than giving it.

? Look forward to the pics.
Tom

« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 12:20:44 PM by gongoozler »