Author Topic: Repainting prop and lower leg of outboard motor  (Read 3957 times)

Neil

• Free User
    • View Profile
Repainting prop and lower leg of outboard motor
« on: October 24, 2004, 11:21:54 PM »
Hi,  I've repaired the prop on my Yamaha 9.9 OB, and now I need to repaint it so it doesn't corrode again.  Looking for suggestions as to what to apply as a primer and top coat.  Basically I had to strip nearly all the paint from the lower leg and prop of this motor when I bought it, as it was badly corroded.  The original colour is unknown to me as it has been painted over at some time in it's life.  I'd be most grateful for guidance here.  Neil - Caracruiser "Teal"

scottscotland

• Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Repainting prop and lower leg of outboard motor
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 12:12:52 PM »
Quote from: "Neil"
Hi,  I've repaired the prop on my Yamaha 9.9 OB, and now I need to repaint it so it doesn't corrode again.  Looking for suggestions as to what to apply as a primer and top coat.  Basically I had to strip nearly all the paint from the lower leg and prop of this motor when I bought it, as it was badly corroded.  The original colour is unknown to me as it has been painted over at some time in it's life.  I'd be most grateful for guidance here.  Neil - Caracruiser "Teal"

MARINE OUTBOARD SPRAY PAINT
on ebay
link is
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15271&item=4514468482&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW