Author Topic: Old age and boating  (Read 3536 times)

gongoozler2

• Free User
    • View Profile
Old age and boating
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:28:46 PM »
The last time Mrs G and I were boating - Autumn 2008 - we found it getting a bit much for us phisically.

We are wondering if the time has come to sadly call it a day.

Halcyon's BSC expires in February 2009 so we have decided to get the certificate renewed and licence her

again in the Spring and see how we get on for one more trip. Should we find that we are indeed too old and

decrepit to carry on, Halcyon will reluctantly be put up for sale. But that's looking on the black side. Hopefully

we will find we can still cope and be able to squeeze another season in, fingers crossed.

Tom
Happiness lies not in getting what you want but in wanting what you've got

bugsbreeze

• Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Old age and boating
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »
Tom
seems a shame that your'e thinking of throwing the anchor in for good ,
because your  'Captain Caracruiser' with all your experience over the years,
lets hope you do get another year on the cut ,
i know i haven't written on here for a longtime but i'm still working on my Caracruiser , the boat is ready for a water test , just started doing the chassis , 2 weeks ago stripped the 2nd hub to put new bearings in , cracked the the hub putting new bearing in ( not bad for a HGV mechanic) found a new only ?63 ! ! ! !
Perhaps if i get her finished we might meet on the cut next year ?
 All the best to you Tom ( Gongoozler , still the best name out there)

Stewart

gongoozler2

• Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Old age and boating
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »
Hi Stewart,
Thanks for those kind words. Mrs G and I will do our utmost to fit another seaon in.

Glad to hear your boat is nearing completion. Hope you do finish her in time for us to arange a meeting.

Pity about the hub but what can you do. Into each life some rain must fall and I,ve had my share of downpours in he past, as I'm sure, have you. ?63 quid was a bit strong though.

We're vey reluctant to give up-we enjoy it so much. And we've just got th boat exactly how we want it with the new outboard  and the heating.

Still, don't write us off just yet. I'll keep taking the tablets and see how it goes.

Tom
Happiness lies not in getting what you want but in wanting what you've got