Author Topic: Caracruiser "ZOAR:  (Read 4262 times)

RON W

• Free User
    • View Profile
Caracruiser "ZOAR:
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »
My name is Ron Warren. I discovered this site whilst "Idly browsing"
Would really be interested to discover whether Caracruiser "ZOAR" has survived.
I bought her new from Brundall after seeing the original Caracruiser at the Boat Show at the NEC.
I kept her for several years but when the children (& the dog) got too big, changed her for a narrow boat at Sawley Marina in 1986.
I still have several photographs of her. Does anyone know what happened to her. Is she still alive?

gongoozler2

• Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Caracruiser "ZOAR:
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:02:36 PM »
Hi Ron,
Regarding ZOAR. I saw her at Shobnall Marina where she was looking sad an neglected and obviously not having been used for some time.

Enquiries at the marina gave me the name and address of the owner and the information that quite a lot of money was owed in storage fees.

To cut a long story short, I bought her, and after clearing the storage fees tidied her up and sold her at Sawley Marina. I already had a Caracruiser of my own and didn't want two. Although the late Ron Martin suggested that I could have one for each foot.

She was bought by a man from Harthill, in I think, Derbyshire. Anyway it is a small village between Worksop and Chesterfield.He still has her and has renamed her Norwood T.

He uses her regularly and often attends various trailboat rallies.
Tom AKA Gongoozler
Happiness lies not in getting what you want but in wanting what you've got

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:25:43 PM »
Hi Ron.
I have met The owners of ZOAR, now named NORWOOD T, at the last few trailboat rallies, i've been to. The boat seemed to me to be in really fine fettle, and the owners are a nice couple, i did mention this site to them maybe they will get in touch one day, The next trailboat rally is at Moira on the spring bank holiday they may be there though for some odd reason the campaign rally is on the same weekend on the Chesterfield canal. Strange organization that as we can't be in two places at once though i think the Chesterfield rally is connected to the system so normal boats will be able to get there..
Bye for now,
neil m..

trailersailer

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:55 PM »
It is nice to have a variety of boats at the IWA Trailboat Rallies and always a pleasure to meet up with Neil with his Caraboat and Caracruiser Norwood T nee Zoar.
I like to think I also add a bit of variety at the festivals with my Winkle Brig sailing boat Markie. 
As Neil points out there are two IWA Festivals on at the same time, relatively close together, but as far as I can make out, getting to the campaign rally site on the Chesterfield means negotiating loads of locks (we put enough scratches in the gelcoat on the Monty last year), so it is Moira for us and the fun/rivalry/mayhem of the illuminated parade to look forward to (and the opportunity to try out some more lights).
Dave C