Author Topic: This site is being reported by google as malicious  (Read 5014 times)

Trev

• Free User
    • View Profile
This site is being reported by google as malicious
« on: June 25, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »
This site being reported by google as malicious, I can not find how to directly contact the administrator, so I didn't know what to do to bring it to someone's attention other than make a post. It's a real shame as a lot of people will be put off when attempting to visit. The google report can be seen at the link below

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-GB&site=http://www.caraboat.com/Forum/index.php?board=3.0

admin

• Administrator
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: This site is being reported by google as malicious
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
Some little toerag had hacked the site using a weakness in the previous version of the forum software we use. We are now patched fully up to the new version and Google has stopped reporting the site as bad.

I will keep an eye on things closely for the next couple of months to check no more attacks are happening.

It seems that anything put out to the 'public' these days will be vandalised, from graffiti on walls to hacking websites. Why do they do it?

Neil

victor herbert Harding

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »
thank you neil for all your efforts in keeping the site going,i think it is a fitting memorial to all johns hard work for all caraboaters,  kind regards vic ,on "mirage"

Trev

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
I'd also like to add my thanks, great to see the site back to normal.

Trev.

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »
Hi I to would like to add my thanks for your efforts neil as the site is the main place for caraboaters and caracruiser owners to keep in touch.
neil m

Phil Hughes

• Free User
    • View Profile
    • Fourteen Locks Canal Centre
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
Yes well done Neil, I know from experiance how time consuming looking after a webste can be, keep up the good work :) ;)

admin

• Administrator
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 07:59:17 AM »
Hi

It appears the site is again being reported as malicious. I have upgraded the forum to the newer version and stripped all bad code out again.

If it continues to be attached like this I may have no option but to delete the whole thing and set it up again. This would require members re-registering but hopefully no posts will be lost in this process.

I will keep you informed.

Neil