Author Topic: Problems with verification  (Read 4312 times)

amphiranger

• Free User
    • View Profile
Problems with verification
« on: October 17, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
Well, there is not much traffic on this website. May I suggest this may be because it is too much of a problem to post a note? I already gave up several times because of this damned verification most times not readable. "Listen to the letters" does not work so I go with requesting another image on and on again until finally there is one I can read. This is no fun! I believe I am not the only one having problems with the verification so please change it!

admin

• Administrator
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with verification
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:53 PM »
Thank you for your carefully considered note. It is so nice to hear the gratitude the users show for this free service.

As our longer term members are aware, the forum was down last year for a while because we were 'hacked'. If we remove the verification step we will be hacked again and the forum will be removed permanently. I do not have the time or the inclination to keep fighting the hackers. If the verification step is too much I suggest you set up your own forum as you are obviously an expert in solving these problems.

Our regular members seem to have no issues with these steps, or are they just too polite to mention it?

Admin

amphiranger

• Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with verification
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
Dear Admin,
Thank you very much for the changings! It is much better now.  :)
And many thanks for keeping up the great work!