Author Topic: Hippo on Ebay  (Read 3085 times)

phil riley

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Hippo on Ebay
« on: August 30, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
Hi,I see that Hippo has "resurfaced "on Ebay.This time with a trailer,but still in a poor state.At 999 starting bid,I have my doubts,but maybe someone will take her on and get to grips with her. Ebay item no. 261578455048 if anybody`s interested.I`d have a go myself,but only if the price was VERY low.

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Hippo on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
Hi Phil.
Thanks for spotting that and posting it, poor "Hippo" its not looking any better at the moment. though its gone from free to a good home to 999
Neil..

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »
I think you would need to be very, very brave to restore Hippo, you would need to take a mould from another Caraboat to repair the cut away roof section, I agree it would have to be very cheap to be tempting, I do know someone who wants a Caraboat but not that one at that price, lets hope the seller offers it nearer to its true value and gets a sale.

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »
Has Hippo sold??, it's no longer available for sale.

phil riley

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:16:34 AM »
Well it`s disappeared again.Let`s hope that if someone`s bought it,they come on here to keep in touch.

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:21:06 PM »
Yes the item was ended early, so maybe somebody did buy it, as to the value i still think Caraboats are under valued when you look at the price of other boats, you couldn't buy the trailer for a wilderness boat for the price of a Decent Caraboat and there lies the problem why so many have been lost.
lets hope someone gets in touch.
Neil (Helterskelter)