Author Topic: Interior windows  (Read 174 times)

Sarah

• Free User
    • View Profile
Interior windows
« on: August 29, 2017, 03:10:51 AM »
Hello

There's been many bumps in the road, yet, I'm not giving up on my Stateside Caraboat.
I've attempted to post a few times, I was unable to successfully post project pictures, with this being said, I have added to my Photobucket account.

I'm choosing plastic windows for now, my hope was to find replacement aluminum interior window brackets online, I have had no luck. Have any of you chosen other alternatives?

Also, For the flooring and ceiling I've been looking into FRP-fiberglass panels, this, keeping the weight down.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.
http://s304.photobucket.com/user/sarahannmitchell/library/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07

Sincerely Sarah

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Interior windows
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 12:16:24 AM »
Hi Sarah,
Great to hear from you, and  well done on progress you have made, from your pictures it looks like you have had new aluminium frames fitted I guess you need glazing to fit these is that right?
I would think Plywood may be better for the floor though I have no experience of the fiberglass panels.
bye for now,
Neil..

Sarah

• Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Interior windows
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 01:53:21 AM »
Hey Neil!

I went with stainless steel for the exterior windows and door frames, replaced all corner supports with molded custom faberglass to replace the aluminum for durability.
I've struggled with the inside aluminum window framing, I'm considering wrapping them in wood as I'm not having much luck finding appropriate aluminum replacements.

As for the floor, I'd hoped to lesson the weight, it's looking grim for water play any time soon and my Caraboat may simply be a fancy backyard "She-shed/office"  until I get the exterior prepped/ painted and buy an outboard.