Author Topic: IWA TRAIL BOAT RALLYS  (Read 280 times)

michael-griffin

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
IWA TRAIL BOAT RALLYS
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
Hi to you all, I have been contacted by Derek Smith who would like our help in finding sites for the rallys 2019 on

I am the IWA Trailboat Advisor and my main task is to seek out organisations who are restoring a waterway, have an isolated and navigable section with a slipway, and are willing and able to organise for one year only, one of our National Trailboat Festivals as excellent publicity for their restoration. I also advise them comprehensively on how to set about organising it. There is more detailed information in this flyer on the IWA website: - www.waterways.org.uk/information/organising_events/pdfs/festival_planning_basics

I am having great difficulty in finding suitable hosting organisations for our national Trailboat Festivals beyond 2019. Iím therefore sending out this appeal for members to have a think about who in your locality is working on a suitable restoration, and see if you can get them interested in hosting and organising one for the IWA, and for the benefit of the restoration, sometime in the not too distant future.

www.waterways.org.uk/information/organising_events/pdfs/festival_planning_basics

best wishes
Mick G

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: IWA TRAIL BOAT RALLYS
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 10:52:39 PM »
Yes there is no IWA Trailboat festival this year, we are doing 2019 up on the Northern reaches of the Lancaster but it looks like none after that at the moment. It is a big job to organize one of these events maybe its that that's putting other groups off, along with the financial risk involved.
We are lucky in that part of our restoration runs alongside the Westmorland County Showground, so as in 2015 we are holding the TBF alongside a country show which is held there each year, this means we can can concentrate on the boats themselves and not have the large financial risk of running the showground. The Trailboaters love it too as there is a lot more going on at a large show, the showground love it as the boats make an extra part to the show. I will probably be doing the boat entries so if anyone wants to come along please let me know.
All the best,
Neil and Bev (Helterskelter)