Author Topic: IWA National Trailboat Festival 2019  (Read 312 times)

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
IWA National Trailboat Festival 2019
« on: February 17, 2018, 10:36:16 PM »
You may know that the 2019 Trailboat Festival Is on the Northern reaches of the Lancaster Canal at Crooklands, the most Northerly Canal in England. It will be alongside the County Fest show on the County Showground, a great place to visit and explore the Lake district while here.
As the pictures I put up of the 2015 event have now gone I thought I would put some more up of the boats that came to that event, having been to the last 10 or 11 trailboat rallies there have been loads of Wilderness boats but few Caraboats or Caracruisers, hopefully 2019 will be better, I will post more details as I get them.
Neil ( Helterskelter)

DSCF7015 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

DSCF7063 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

DSCF7049 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

20150529_145946 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

DSCF7012 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

Countryfest 082 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

DSCF7045 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

Countryfest 060 by Neil Mcgarry, on Flickr

michael-griffin

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: IWA National Trailboat Festival 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 09:24:15 PM »

How nice to see such a variation of trailable  boats, thanks for posting Neil , I recognise Mr & Mrs Parkerís boat, they must be one of the most travelled boats in the amount of canals visited and miles travelled , they also have a record for the most locks ( tongue in cheek) .
 Last time I saw Mrs Parker she gave me a photo of Hinckley boat club moorings taken in the 1970s showing their boat (same one in Neilís photo)  moored there whilst visiting the Ashby.

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: IWA National Trailboat Festival 2019
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:57:15 PM »
Hi Mick,
Yes Roy and Lois have been at every festival I have been to, and looking at an IWA press release some months ago about the the EA waterways under threat there was Marie 11 in the picture showing the last boat there. They are two of the wonderful people we have met at Trailboat rallies, all with a shared interest in exploring all over in our little boats, can't encourage anybody enough to bring there boat along while there is still a TBF to go to..