Author Topic: Caraboat Club 1994  (Read 530 times)

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
Caraboat Club 1994
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:18:42 PM »
Thought some of you would like to see this artical from Canal & Riverboat 1994

caraboat1(1) by mick griffin, on Flickr

caraboat2(1) by mick griffin, on Flickr

victor herbert Harding

• Free User
    • View Profile
Re: Caraboat Club 1994
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
Hi Mic,  i am the tall one with my wife on the left on the far right in the jumper is Malcome Wray who started the caraboat club.

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 05:41:09 PM »
Hi Victor, you can’t leave it there tell us more about the early days, before the internet when we had to use “stamps” to send messages, I still have a copy of the original members list, do you know what has happened to the others in the photo, I know poor Malcolm passed away and John took over, but what became of Gordon “Moggy” and Ken ?
Best wishes
Mick G

victor herbert Harding

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 01:07:57 AM »
Hi Michael  as you know the picture was taken at Retford and was the first meeting with 10 of use turning up for a very good weekend on
 my members list their were 28 owners of  caraboats but not all were in use they were all in different stages of resturation  some afloat some on dry land at that time any body with useful  or helpful tips rang  or wrote to  Malcome Wray who would then send out a news letter to all the members  including steel fabricators  ,industrial silicon sealant supplier etc, due  to the wright up in the canal river boat and my Water World  showing Mr Peter Orridge  phoned to tell me he worked in the caraboat factory from 1970 till close down in 1974  it was him that gave me the 2 boat show pictures which hung on the office wall at  caraboat ltd 6 Mansfied Road Sutton in Ashfield Nottingham i still have these pictures but gave copies to John and Neil  any way thats all for now regards Vic