Author Topic: New name, new chapter  (Read 360 times)

Sarah Jones

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
New name, new chapter
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:14:53 PM »
Having spoken to Phil first I'm now letting the forum know that I have changed the name of Mr Towed to Ruby Tuesday! I lived with Mr T for a year but 'he' has to be a 'she' and my daughter was named after the song and the Caraboat will eventually become hers so for all sorts of reasons I've changed the name. Sad for Phil and all that history and for that I'm sorry but good for us and the next chapter in the boats history.
Cheers
Sarah

michael-griffin

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: New name, new chapter
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:49:42 PM »
Hi Sarah, that is a shame that you are re-naming Mr Towed but for all the right reasons and I do like Ruby Tuesday.
So that the name is not lost, I am formally asking you and Phil if I can put it on my Caraboat as it presently has no name registered to it.                                                         

phil riley

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 11:00:30 PM »
OK by me Mick.

michael-griffin

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 11:04:31 PM »
Thanks Phil I think its a fantastic name, but I understand where Sarah is coming from,
best wishes
Mick G

Sarah Jones

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 01:44:46 AM »
Ok by me too- think that's a fantastic idea!

BMFrogPrince

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »
What a great idea, to pass on Mr towed from one Caraboat to another, it means when I list all the Caraboats I just have to add on Ruby Tuesday.

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:49:43 PM »
Hi Sarah,
All the best with the new name, and great that Mick is taking up the great name of Mr Towed.

Sarah Jones

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 10:12:06 PM »
Do you have to register a boat name?

phil riley

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 10:30:28 PM »
Mr Towed was never registered so all you need to do is supply the new name for your licence(if you are using a visitor licence).If ,however ,you are using a full licence,then I believe that you will have to register it.This is my understanding unless someone knows better.

michael-griffin

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »
Hi, I get involved in the annual boat check/count with CRT, all they record is the boat number they have no interest in the boats name, think how many boats named heron or kingfishes etc  you have seen.
As Phil says if you use the 30 day explorer you donít need to register as this type of licence is there for a visiting boat, boats on trailers and boats moving from, for instance EA waters to other EA waters via CRT waters, ironically you can get a 30 day explorer without the need for a BSC by doing a self declaration.
best wishes
Mick G