Author Topic: AN advert  (Read 6609 times)

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
    • http://forum.dawncraftowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=957
AN advert
« on: February 26, 2006, 01:46:11 AM »

Don

• Free User
    • View Profile
Looking at the advert
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 05:16:23 AM »
Hey Roger,
The pictures you posted are very much like my boat, except mine doesn't have the little side windows next to the sun roof / hatch. I have the original brochure from my boat, as well as pictures, but cannot seem to get them to e-mail through. If anyone on your side of the big pond will supply a mailing address, I will mail copies of all to you in hopes you can post it onto this website for me. Neil M. has been very helpful with other questions I've had so far! I live on an 800 acre lake in Indiana, which has an "unusual" watercraft show every year... I'm going to win this year, (providing I locate an inexpensive outboard motor). Sounds a bit cocky I guess, but no one whose seen my boat has ever seen anything like it! I'm wondering if it's the only one in America? That wouldn't bother me come selling time!
Take care!
Don

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
AN advert
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:58:41 AM »
Hi Don

e-mail them to me and I will post them.

roger(at)humberworkshop.fsnet.co.uk

Roger

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
AN advert
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 09:14:48 PM »
Here is one pic, and the rest are on Webshots to save bandwidth.

http://community.webshots.com/album/549078565nMjLgl

Roger

Don

• Free User
    • View Profile
My Creighton Gull finally unveiled!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 06:50:56 AM »
Thanks so much to Roger, (for posting the pictures), and to Neil M. for all his help along the way! I'd like to invite everyone to check out the link to "webshots"! There is one picture that is of the trailers tongue... It has a bunch of I.D. numbers on it... if anyone can enlighten me as to their meaning, I'd appreciate it alot! I'm trying to figure out how this boat, (now called "the Lily Pad") got from the canals of your country, to my back yard in Cedar Lake, Indiana? I'm going to keep the site posted of improvements as they happen, but I have to wait till spring is officially here before I get into it.
Talk to you all soon!
Don

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
AN advert
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 09:15:14 PM »
Hi Don

Well you are still the expert on these boats as I don't know of one other still in existance, I cannot figure the first part unless 67 is the year of manufacture?
The last part being its unladen weight which must refer to both the trailer and boat as the trailer alone would not weigh anything like that, 15 hundredweight (112 lbs to the hundredweight) and 2 quarters (28 lbs to the quarter) equals 1,736 pounds.
I am still assuming that the body comes off of the trailer to go in the water?

You have a VERY rare beast there Don.

Roger

Don

• Free User
    • View Profile
AN advert
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 04:06:42 AM »
Hi Roger! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I went to Key West, Florida for a week. Thanks for the explanation as to those numbers! All info is good info! As far as the trailer, it is bolted to the boat's body, and stays with it wherever it goes... just like the caraboat's does! That's what makes these types of boats so cool! Well I need  to unpack my suitcase, and prepare to enter back into the real world of "not vacationing", but I'll write you again later in the week.
Take it easy!

Don

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
AN advert
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:19:38 PM »
Hi Don,
great to see your pictures, they didn't come through on my old address,
on my creighton 20 the number started with sc and then the date so i agree with Roger it probably was made in 1967 yours is the only one that i know of so as to the value of it is impossible to estimate, it looks in pretty good order for its age though, ive located a threaded50mm towball if you want one, its ?15 plus the shipping to you,
all the best,
neil m

neil m

• Premium Supporter
  • Free User
    • View Profile
Re: AN advert
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 10:26:53 PM »
Hi Don,
Iwas talking to a chap i know who has a creighton 28' and he was saying that creightons were made at a place called nelson near burnley in lancashire, not wigan as i thought, they were made by a man called creighton ball who started out making collapseable caravans, in the old tram sheds in the town, he said in tthe late 70's or early 80's the government put a tax on luxury goods and boats were included so he decided to finish what he had orders for and pack in he didn't know of the gull though so you do have a rare thing there.
happy cruising,
neil...