Author Topic: Free. Free. Rally / Gathering In The Midlands  (Read 4007 times)

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
Free. Free. Rally / Gathering In The Midlands
« on: April 30, 2006, 07:06:37 PM »
For those of you who have not been to Moira before maybe the following information will inspire you to come 8)  
This Trail Boat event is held annually on the Moira Furnace site near Moira, Derbyshire, alongside the 1st 2-mile stretch of the restored Ashby Canal, which has 1 lock, 2 slipways and a basin each end, the
Furnace site is roughly in the center. The aims of this event are to promote the full restoration of the Ashby canal and its use and we look forward to the day we are joined by 70ft narrow boats who have
cruised to this event. To this end we try to get as many trail boats as possible to attend, which has in the past included Inflatables, Cruisers and Steam Boats up to 30ft long and assorted unpowered craft. All
boats are encouraged to cruise the canal as much as possible during this event. The festival is well known locally for the wide variety of events and stalls, there are all the usual attractions, plus all day entertainment by various live bands in the refreshment tent and a live band both Friday and Saturday evening, there will be a battle re-enactment group living on site who will perform at various times each day and the Furnace museum will be open both days (boaters had free tickets to the museum last year).
There will be Coracles, model boats, canoes and a trip boat on the canal AND I hope a wide selection of private craft. Boat entry to this event is FREE as the boats form a very important part of the event,  no bss or licence required but boats attending must complete an entry form for insurance purposes,.
We :D  would like (if possible) boats to display a story/information board giving the public some information about the boat and where it has been with photo's if possible, these will be judged and a prize (wine?) awarded to the best, we will also be having an illuminated boat cruise (not competition so you can be as ingenious as you like with a few torches) on the Saturday evening. The moorings are good, the weed I hope will be minimal, and of course we will have wall to wall sunshine, but if not, there's a big entertainments marquee with a bar and a good local pub, water will be canal side, elsan and rubbish disposal on site.   
All boats are welcome, the earlier you book the happier I am, but late bookings accepted.
All boats must have third party insurance but if anyone has problems contact me as I can put you in touch
with a company who do reasonable third party cover any one with insurance problems I have found a company who offer third party insurance at realistic rates and only require basic relevant information!
With only two weeks to the event can you send your entry forms directly  to Lois Parker :D
I have posted the entry form as a reply to this thread please print and get them to Lois ASAP If this does not work for you email me and I will send them direct.
Best Wishes Mick G :wink:

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »
the forms :D
best Wishes
Mick G :wink:

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 07:11:30 PM »
more details

michael-griffin

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 11:28:05 AM »
SORRY  :oops: THE DATES ARE 12th- 13th AND 14th MAY 8)
BEST WISHES
MICK G :wink: