Author Topic: CaraCruiser Canopy/Outboard motor  (Read 4634 times)

chirikla

CaraCruiser Canopy/Outboard motor
« on: June 04, 2006, 05:58:58 PM »
I need a canopy for the rear of my CaraCruiser. Does anyone have a pattern or know of a maker who may have? Perhaps someone has had one made and the maker might just have the measurements. I would be greatful for any information to
chirikla@aol.com
Also wanted 8/10 HP outboard. Standard shaft. Electric start.-4stroke. Must be excellent condition.
Thanks-Tom
PS. What a great site this is. Lots of friendly advice and help.
Ps. I have now bought an outboard with electric start-needed because my wife has arthritis in her wrists and can't start a motor with recoil start. And I have located someone to make me an awning. thanks all.
Tom
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 11:50:10 AM by chirikla »

Roger

• Free User
    • View Profile
    • http://forum.dawncraftowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=957
Re: CaraCruiser Canopy/Outboard motor
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:58:44 AM »
Hi Tom

I have never seen a CaraCruiser with a canopy but I have been thinking how usefull one would be to keep the water (and leaves and muck) out of the stern area when its raining.
Which version have you? with or without the extended roof.
As you know I have cut my roof back to get better access but with either there is a problem in the drainage of the roof which just funnels it off the back, its one of my next to do jobs, to work out a cross gutter that will then send the water over the side.
Without attention to this a canopy on its own would be awkward as the fixing would have to be under the top edge.

Roger

chirikla

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:18:47 PM »
Hello Roger.
 I had a CaraCruiser previously and that had a canopy and I found it most usefull.
The boat I have now has the extended roof as had the previous one. The canopy fitted inside the roof edge at the top and was held in place with what I think are called turnbuckles (not sure about that name but it describes them) The lower edge then was fastened outside and the rain was prevented from getting in.
It had a window of clear plastic in the centre bit and the part that went down over the outboard was zipped on each side and could be rolled up and fastened at the top to allow you to drive with the canopy in place if the weather was bad. Something I've done many times. I sold my previous CaraCruiser and regretted it almost immediatly-hence my search for another, now, thanks to people on this site, succsesful. During my search I saw a CaraCruiser with a step either side of the outboard just bellow the level of the transom and it made boarding very easy-a boon when your getting on a bit and the joints are not as flexible as they were. I'm going to look at the possibility of fixing some to my present boat.
Wishing you all the best. Tom.

gongoozler

• Free User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 07:31:51 PM »
chirikla is now gongoozler.
Tom
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!"